We love eggs around here, and while I have yet to even come close to mastering homemade mayo, I do know how to make the absolute perfect german pancakes.
Oh yes, you heard me, they are perfect! And the proof is that my 4 year old would eat them for every. single. meal. if I let her. No, I’m not kidding, the child asks for German Pancakes for nearly every meal!
Luckily, we have a ton of eggs (see drowning in eggs comment above), and these are super easy to whip up on even busy mornings. I love anything I can just stick in the oven and then pull out in 15 min and have a wholesome meal, don’t you?
Of course you do! We’re busy homesteadin’ mamas! We’ve got things to do, like feeding animals, and watering gardens, and changing diapers, nursing babies, and wiping up messes off the floor for the 16th time before 8am. Don’t act like you don’t know what I mean. A fast healthy, kid approved breakfast, is a God send.
And it’s one of the many reasons these Perfect German Pancakes, are perfect. They are also smooth and silky, the perfect blend of cake and custard, and they pair beautifully with any fruit that is in season (or in your fridge!).
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1-3 Tb raw sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place butter in 11x7in dish, and place dish into cold oven. Then preheat the oven to 425F.
- Put all other ingredients in a bowl (if you have a mixing bowl with a spout, use it!), and then blend with an immersion blend until smooth.
- Once butter is melted in the pan, pull it out and pour batter into the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- The German Pancakes will be very puffy at first (normal!), and slightly golden. Bring it out, sprinkle with some sugar (and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired). As it cools it will fall in on itself - that's normal!
- Serve with fruit of your choice! Enjoy!
- Recipe can be cut into thirds - 2/3rds for a pie plate, and 1 1/3 for a 9x12 pan.
Told ya this was a breeze to make! I’m tellin’ ya, this is gonna be a staple in your house. I know it is in mine!