Pears, pears, everywhere…
As you may know, we were able to pick a lot of pears. And now comes the hard work of preserving them all! With so many pears, it was a struggle for me to narrow down how I want to preserve them all. There are so many options! My first thought was to make pear sauce, but…that didn’t turn out well. It was very watery and the pears didn’t break down enough (or I didn’t core them well enough) and so there was a lot of gritty bits in there. Not appetizing!
Not to worry though, I still had plenty of pears left to experiment with! And so begins the Preserving Pears Series! Today I’m sharing my Pear Butter recipe. Don’t worry, it turned out much better then the pear sauce. This recipe is so easy, so delicious. You really must try it.
Homemade Pear Butter:
5lbs Pears, peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup Raw Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ginger
- Dump all the ingredients into the crock pot and stir.
- Turn on low for about 6 hours, stirring every once and a while when you walk by.
- Blend the pear butter with a stick blender (or transfer into standard blender) until smooth.
- Turn on to high for 1-2 hours, or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- When the pear butter the consistency you want, you can process it in a water bath canner, or allow it to cool and store it in the refrigerator or the freezer.
PS: Don’t miss the other pear recipes in the series! Make sure you subscribe to my free email Newsletter HERE so you can get notified when the rest of the tasty pear recipes get shared!
This post shared at…