Brrrr….winter is settling in.
Even here in Florida we were getting below freezing temps last week. So there was a lot of hot cocoa being made at our house. And in a shear act of brilliance (if I do say so myself 😉) I came up with the idea to try out orange hot cocoa! Mmmm. It was so good I had to share it with y’all!
This idea came purely out of my love for two things. Hot cocoa, and orange flavored chocolate. It only made sense to blend the two together. Besides, is there a better holiday flavor combo? I mean, orange and chocolate are just pretty classic. And here’s the cool part – because I used my essential oils to create this little cup of happiness, it’s also an immune boost!
Orange Hot Cocoa
1 Tb cocoa powder
2 Tb raw sugar
8-10 oz milk
pinch real salt
1 drop Wild Orange essential oil ( I only recommend the highest quality oils to take internally, see what I use HERE)
Step 1. Put first for ingredients into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
Step 2. Whisk until it’s all incorporated. Heat until milk is warm enough for your liking.
Step 3. Remove from heat, and pour into mug.
Step 4. Add just one drop of Wild Orange essential oil. Stir, and enjoy!
What else can you use Wild Orange for??
- Add 1 drop Peppermint and 1 drop Wild Orange to the palm of your hands and inhale deeply for an energy boost and increased focus.
- Add 1-2 drops to 8oz water for flavoring, gentle detox, and energy boost.
- Add to other dishes: brownies, sugar cookies, homemade cranberry sauce, or marinades.
- Diffuse in the air to lift mood and help cleanse the air.
- Add 10-20 drops to a 16oz bottle of water to make a homemade surface cleaner.
- Add 1 drop to a cotton ball and use to remove sticker residue from glass jars.
- Add 1-2 drops to your favorite smoothie.
- Add to homemade cough drops, or 1-2 drops in warm water with honey to soothe sore throat and give an immune boost.
- Diffuse with Cinnamon and Rosemary for an uplifting, immune boosting, Christmas -y aroma in your home.
- Add to homemade lip balm, soap, or lotion bar recipes.
And so much more! If you’re ready to experience essential oils for yourself, click here to learn how (I’ve got a ton of awesome goodies for people who sign up with me!).
If you’d like to learn even more about essential oils you can…