You know how much I love a good DIY project. Especially around the homestead. We built our own chicken coop out of recycled pallets and I’ve got a whole section of this blog dedicated to diy, after all! And when I started thinking about making our own chicken waterer and feeder, the thought did occur to me to make my own tutorial for you. But there are so many great ideas out there, I thought this time I’d round ’em up for you! Each of these is a bit different and each can fit a need you may have in your chicken set up. So here goes! The top 10 best chicken feeders and waterers for your flock!
- HappyMoneySaver.com has a great tutorial on making a chicken waterer from a 3 gallon bucket.
- A really cool PVC chicken waterer from Instructables.com
- Any crocheters out there?? This one is so creative! A crocheted water hanger from The 104 Homestead.
- Here’s a video tutorial from Daddy Kirbs Farm on how to make a rainwater chicken waterer, so clever!
- Over at Lone Star Farmstead they’ll show you how to make a waterer from a soda bottle!
- The Backyard Chicken Lady has a nice little tutorial for a two-sided PVC chicken feeder.
- Here’s a cool PVC feeder with a covered opening and an indicator flag, over at Preparing for SHTF
- Over at Eighth Rising they have a very clever PVC feeder with a feed meter.
- One more super easy PVC feeder from The Chicken Chick.
- If PVC doesn’t float your boat, check out this clever chicken wire fix for a traditional feeder.
There you have it, my chicken loving friends! The Top 10 Best DIY Chicken Waterers and Feeders! I hope this gets your creative DIY juices flowing.
Have you made a DIY chicken feeder or waterer?? Share in the comments below!
This post shared at: The Homestead Barn Hop