I was lucky enough to go pear picking with my sister-in-law and she mentioned her mom had a delicious spiced pear jam recipe. You know that this girl was all over that! I asked for the recipe and not only did she send it to me but she’s allowed me to share my adapted version with all of you! And I’m so glad, because y’all are gonna love it.
This jam recipe is so easy y’all. The hardest part is peeling and peeling and peeling the pears. If you have kids old enough for the job, this could be the perfect way for them to get involved! And even if you don’t have a water bath canner, no worries, this pear jam freezes very well. So get jamin’! Preserve those pears my friends!
- 8 cups peeled and chopped pears (I don't have a kitchen scale yet, so I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing this was about 5 pounds)
- 3 cups Raw Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1 Box Low-Sugar Sure Jell
- Add pears, spices, and Low-Sugar Sure Jell to a large pot and cook over med/high heat, stirring frequently. Continue until pears begin to soften and release some juices.
- Add the raw sugar, stir and bring to a rolling boil. Allow the pear jam mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- At this point, you can put the pear jam into canning jars and process in a water bath canner, or allow it to cool and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
This post shared at…