We’ve got a boot problem. They’re always laying about at the back door waiting for someone to trip over them. Plus even if I do manage to arrange them neatly by the door, I’m always super paranoid about bugs being in there just waiting to bite or sting my feet… So before I can put them on I always flip ’em over and hit them against the wall to shake out any creepy crawlies that might be lurking in there.
So I now had three X marks, and I marked 1 inch on both sides of each X. That’s where the dowels would go.
Then I drilled holes at each circle mark.
At this point I got the husband to saw the dowel for me. I marked the dowel into 5 3/4 inch sections, which resulted in 6 dowels and a tiny bit left over.